30 May 2nd / 3rd Line Support Engineer
Great opportunity to join a growing IT services provider / MSP in the broadcast, TV and Media sectors as their new 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer. This role is based in London; however, it offers work from home flexibility with a great salary of up to £55,000! The ideal candidate for this role will have strong experience in Servers, Storage, Backup, and Cloud use. In this position, you will also be provided with fantastic training and development opportunities!
It will be your responsibility to work hand in hand with the sales team to design, specify and implement solutions and respond to 2nd and 3rd line support calls from customers.
- Receiving second and third line support calls; accurately recording, investigating, diagnosing and resolving customer issues.
- Providing design, specification, and implementation assistance to the sales team.
- Install & monitor systems and perform routine scheduled maintenance for supported technologies.
- Escalate issues to the relevant department when necessary.
- Keep track of all work done using service desk tools for installs, modifications, and systems support.
- Mentor and assist the 1st line support technicians.
- Experience within the Broadcast, TV or Media industry. (Highly desirable but not necessary)
- Previous employment as a 3rd Line Engineer or similar.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the following Storage solutions - (NAS, SAN (e.g. Quantum StorNext, Dell Isilon, HP MSA), Cloud (AWS), backup and Archive (inc. LTO technologies).
- Background of working with network infrastructures like Fibre Channel and Ethernet.
- Great knowledge of Windows Server and wireless infrastructures.
- Knowledge of VEEAM would be helpful.
- Passion for all things IT.
- Problem Solver.
- Highly organised.
- Good mentor.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.