18 Jul Hybrid IT Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT Manager looking for a new hybrid role working within an education institute in Central London. The ideal candidate for this role will have hands-on experience working within a school, college or university environment and a background in using strong management skills. This is a three years fixed-term contract with a view to moving to permanent. You will have a salary of up to £50,000 plus the chance to work 2-3 days a week from home!
Managing the IT support team will be your responsibility, ensuring that incidents and requests are handled efficiently and documentation of the supported components is available for those providing support. In addition, you will act as an escalation point for more complex issues.
- Implement appropriate measures to anticipate, investigate, and resolve problems in systems and services, which are documented within the relevant system.
- Establish implementation plans for complex change requests or the introduction of new services, evaluation of risks to infrastructure integrity inherent in new implementations, and evaluation of change implementation effectiveness.
- Management of the IT support team, ensuring that all enquiries and requests are responded to efficiently and promptly.
- Manage third-party suppliers, when appropriate, to deliver services.
- Analyse business processes to identify alternative solutions and recommend new approaches.
- Ensure continuity of service delivery by taking responsibility for own workload and keeping others informed.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working in a similar role within an educational environment.
- Relevant degree or qualification.
- Previous experience in managing an IT support team.
- Excellent technical knowledge of various hardware and software technologies, including Windows servers, desktop PCs, laptops, mobile devices printers, switches & firewalls, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux, Microsoft Active Directory and M365.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Problem solver.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Analytically minded.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Attention to detail.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.