05 Jan 3rd Line IT Engineer
Are you a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual looking for a new technical opportunity? If so, join this leading independent school based in South West London as their new IT Engineer! With an attractive salary of up to £55,000!
Benefits include gym membership contribution, healthcare, free lunches, and lots more!
Your duties will include administration and maintenance of the school's IT systems, mostly through the provision of user support. Specifically, you must resolve tickets appropriately and communicate progress to service users within the department's Service Level Agreements.
- Providing IT support to the students, teachers and support staff across the school.
- Support and development of the school’s digital platforms, including Office 365 and Azure-based services.
- Maintaining a firewall and safeguarding software program to ensure the appropriate use of the network.
- Plan and budget the procurement, implementation, and integration of hardware and software with the Director of IT.
- Installation and configuration of software and hardware across the site.
- Keep software subscriptions renewed when needed.
- Making sure the network and its systems are secure, including managing and applying security updates/patches and keeping antivirus software up-to-date to minimise the risk of a breach.
- Assist the IT team with larger IT projects.
- Supporting network, digital, and server-related tickets and establishing and installing network-dependent systems. (PC, Phone, Printers, Wireless, CCTV, etc.).
- Liaising with external contractors, both digital and site based.
- Carry out routine maintenance work to IT facilities across the premises.
- Ensuring all school devices are updated and working efficiently.
- Collaborate with the IT team to source new equipment for the school.
- Relay technical improvement ideas to senior members of the team.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar IT position within a school environment.
- Relevant technical qualifications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Products - Office365, Windows 10/11, MIS or large database systems, SchoolBase, Razor’s Edge, Chris21, Sage, Webservers, Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS.
- Endpoint management and MDM, particularly SCCM and Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune experience.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Problem Solver.
- Can work well independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for IT.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.