08 Jun Senior IT Technician
We are on the hunt for a Senior IT Technician to join an outstanding school in the Watford area. You will need to be highly technical and have experience working within a school environment. Depending on your experience the salary can go up to £35,000!
Benefits include 25 days annuals leave and an attractive local government pension scheme!
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior IT Technician to join our client's team. As a Senior IT Technician, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional IT support services. Your key responsibilities will include providing expert onsite technical support, maintaining the uptime of all IT systems, assisting in the procurement of new devices, collaborating with other IT Technicians, and liaising with 3rd party vendors. You will also be responsible for escalating service issues to the Service Delivery Manager and playing a vital role in supporting the IT strategy, procurement plans, and the development of IT solutions.
- Provide 1st/2nd line onsite IT support, resolving issues promptly.
- Respond to and manage tickets via the Service Desk within SLA, ensuring regular updates and task completion.
- Set up and maintain servers, workstations, laptops, tablets, and Audio-Visual equipment as per IT strategy.
- Install, configure, and maintain software, drivers, and printers, and ensure proper licensing.
- Administer Windows Servers (Active Directory, Group Policies, Backups) in accordance with policies.
- Administer Office 365, if needed.
- Maintain and support the ICT environment (Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS/OSX, Google devices, MDM solutions).
- Support IT Teaching and Learning requirements of the Multi Academy.
- Install, maintain, and support network infrastructure (LAN, VLANs, Managed Wireless, Internet connectivity).
- Support 3rd party applications (Managed Print solutions, CCTV, Door access).
- Conduct proactive checks on ICT equipment and perform regular service checks for optimal performance.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date asset registers.
- Collaborate with Senior IT Technicians and lead onsite ICT projects.
- Keep network documentation current.
- Stay informed about new technologies and advancements in Education Technology.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Past employment working within an IT Support similar role. (School or MAT environment based)
- Relevant Technical qualification.
- Technical experience with Microsoft cloud technologies, including Office 365.
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
- Excellent knowledge of - VMWare, Hyper-V, Windows Desktop Deployments and Active Directory and more.
- Team Player.
- Managerial Skills.
- Passion for IT.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.